Tuesday, November 01, 2005

THE TIME TUNNEL...
-
Remember that great 60's Sci-fi show where two scientists were always being thrown back into various time periods? Well who would have thought that CB's had that same capibility!!
-
While perusing the newest entries on EBay, I came across an auction for a special Cobra 29 "Gold" edition from 1974, with a buy-it-now price of $375. Naturally, being the curious sorta guy I am, I read the description about how this was a special all gold finish model given out to someone who exceeded in sales. But the picture of the rig caught my eye, as I'm sure it will yours...
-

-

I inquired about the rig - "Was it a 23ch or 40ch rig?" (although I was familiar with the 23ch dial found on the 23ch Cobra 29), and sure enough it was a 40 channel rig. So I told them that 40 channel radios didn't come out until 1977, but perhaps the radio he had was still something special (not $375 worth), and hopefully they'll do the right thing and correct the post, or maybe.....just maybe.....this IS a special rig. One that can travel backwards in time from 1977 to 1974!! We'll have to call Art Bell on this one.....

'Nuff Said

Woody

No comments:

Post a Comment