Wednesday, April 26, 2006


CURIOUS THINGS
-
So many things show up on EBAY that are definitely oddities - like this Turner Sidekick lamp pictured at the right. I don't know about you, but it looks kinda weird to me (considering the slant of the microphone neck). I've seen the D-104 lamp (even bought one) and it looks natural AND cool.
-

COMPUTER INTERFACE FOR CB

Interesting...I have no experience with it, but you can check out the EBAY Auction HERE.

-

Here is another curious item, part Turner, part Astatic, and with an RCA emblem to boot!

-

It looks cool to me, but kinda expensive. Nonetheless, if I had the $$$ I'd probably put one on the shelf just to confuse visitors! Here's his auction.

-

-

One can only say "Ouch" when a rig pops up forsale looking like this, and maybe this was actually used as a "Boat Anchor", but it is a sad end for an Executive...

-

FROM THE E-MAIL BAG...

JOSE MARTINEZ sent a spec sheet for the PC-122XL which I'll get on the website - Tnx Jose!

-

BILL GRASSA sent me several e-mails (long time no talk Bill!), and he has a new website. If you're not familiar with Bill, he was a writer for Secret CB, S9, as well as working with various manufacturers.

In an earlier e-mail, Bill told me about about a woman (Ava Pearson) who also works at Lockheed,and was on many CB, and off road magazine covers...it truly is a small world when it comes to CB Radio!

-

SHERMAN LUTEN sent in a link to another Stoner site which has an audio clip to listen to via a Stoner Pro40 - Thanks Sherman!

-

STEVE wrote in to say: "Thanks for the great site, it was fun to relive the good old daze. Just one question. Is there an answer page to the crossword? I got most of it but have given up. Thanks, Steve

[Ed. - Tnx for writing in Steve! I'm still looking for the answer html for that particular crossword, but if I don't find it soon I'll just fill it out and e-mail the answers to ya!]

-

'Nuff Said

Woody

-

No comments:

Post a Comment