Thursday, March 22, 2007

"I MISSED ONE..."
-
Well, probably more than one, but when I wrapped up my last post about CRAZY CB prices, a little alarm went off, like the one you get when you're getting ready to bolt from the house for work in the morning, mentally going through the checklist of things to have with you, and while everything seems o.k. that little alarm goes off (which I tend to ignore) and it's only when you're walking to the car do you realize that the car/house/work keys are still on the washer (inside) where you left them the night before. But, I digress...

-

So...back to the little alarm. I published the Blog posting and kinda swish away the alarm, much like a mental "snooze", but this morning, after leaving the house (with keys) and sitting in the car, somehow I feel a connection. Car....Carr....Kar....KAAR!!
-

EXAMPLE NUMBER 5
VINTAGE KAAR TR-327
-

Here we have a slightly different example of a "Crazy" price. With only a few minutes left to go, this Kaar will probably go unsold. It's not in bad condition, but it's not in "NOS" condition either, and the seller put a starting price of $765.00 on the auction. I forgot to mention this was untested as the ac cord was not 100%.
-
This is one of those occasions where the seller has placed a very high value on something that isn't worth it (except to the seller perhaps). Unless...[ed. - take a deep breath of fresh BS]...
-
The Kaar was used by an International diamond smuggling ring! Should the box have been opened it would appear to be a normal Kaar TR-327. However, if they had diamond sniffing ferrets back then (remember, it was the "Olden" days), they would have discovered that by peeling the cap off the capacitors, a treasure trove of diamonds would be found!! Sounds far-fetched, but then, so does a starting bid of $765.....
-
I like my version better.

-

Woody

-

No comments:

Post a Comment