An early "Tomcat" Article
Besides magazine articles, Tom is an accomplished author, having written many books. Here's a listing of just some of them...
- Air Scan Guide to Aeronautical Communications
- Tomcat's Big CB Handbook: Everything They Never Told You
- 103 simple transistor projects
- National directory of survival radio frequencies
- CBers' SSB handbook (my favorite)
- Radio Station Treasury 1900-1946
- Air-scan directory of aero band scanner frequencies
- 101 Easy Audio Projects (Hardcover)
- Rail-scan directory of railroad scanner frequencies
- The "top secret" registry of U.S. Government radio frequencies: 25 to 470 MHZ
- UNDERSTANDING AND USING CITIZENS BAND RADIO
- Directory of U. S. Army Forts, Camps, and Airfields 1789 to 1945
- Electronic circuits handbook
Just to name a few of them.
The CBer's SSB Handbook, from the mid-70's is one of my all time favorite books to read. I came across this book by accident, in the early 80's when I was killing some time at a local parts store. In the back they had some books marked "Clearance" and of course the title of the book and it's author caught my eye immediately - I had to own it! I liked it so much that I've bought several copies of it so when my 4Sale page is activated, I'll have them listed in the book section. I just recently picked up another used copy, signed by Tomcat himself! Where is he now? Tom has retired and currently lives in Florida (strange, how both he and Don Stoner retired to the same State).
Well, this is where the information ends. I hope I've given you a good look at Tom, as well as at least a couple things you didn't know until reading this article.