Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A REPORT FROM THE STREETS OF DIVORCE TORN SEALY!!
-
Where was I in my last post.....oh yes, we'd gone to a mediator (me and my lawyer in one room, her and her lawyer in the other). The mediator is actually a lawyer as well. I won't go into the details, but at least the mediator shook our hands and said he admired us for ability to try and meet middle ground. Next stop - Divorce Court. I'm looking forward to this because I'll come out better than any of the options we had previously proposed, and it will be "The End" (FEB.10)
-
After the end, I'm not sure what direction I'll go in. Right now, it's tough being a Ham operator and no sunspots. While I never did get my most recent license from the old homestead, I managed to get my license renewed complete with address change. I'm afraid the SOW I'd been driving has seen it's last day with multiple issues making it not worth it to repair, not even mentioning the weird electrical problems that I'd been battling since last summer (and bumming rides doesn't win any friends either). But the under 5 miles trek to work is great - man, I was so tired of driving 100miles a day for about 15 years that there's no traffic to get stressed over, or, excessive miles put on any given vehicle. It would happen so fast, get another vehicle and before I new it, I'd passed the 100K mark, then 200k, and in a couple vehicles 300k,maybe 400k in one instance.
-
No more wild radio collecting (there's only so much you can fit in an apartment), so moderation is the mode I'll function in. I only need 2 or 3 on display somewhere to remind me of the good 'ol days of radio, and an HF rig, which really, has done nothing but pick up static. That leaves Vhf/Uhf, and I can get by with that for now. Are any of you getting any DX where you live? If so, drop me an e-mail so that I know someone is talking somewhere. The rest of the stuff I get I'll put in storage somewhere. There are many rigs that have to be repaired and I was, and still am, looking forward to doing it - when time allows. I would have started something sooner, but my requests for my Variac and Tube Tester fell on deaf ears.
-
I did pick up some cheap 35mm film camera's from days gone by to display on a wall shelf. It starts with the 1st SLR I owned to the last. But people are dumping these at almost giveaway prices, I guess because digital cameras have become the defacto standard now. Oh, another question for you: What is the smallest vhf/uhf mobile on the market? Going further, even the used market. I seem to recall a very small Yaesu or Icom that came out about 10 years ago. If you know of any, drop me an e-mail and I'll check it out (it can even be UHF only as well).
-
I still check Ebay out every once and awhile and sometimes plunk down the lowest bid possible. To my surprise, I've won several things, and I guess this is an indication of our countries economic problems - people need jobs, people need money, and it's an amazing correlation.
-
Health? I'm still working on it. Besides a TON of different vitamins, along with injections and medication, I'm making an improvement. I guess if you've been missing something vital for 7-10 years, you can't expect a quick recovery. I have other things that help in retraining parts of my brain, and if it'll do it, I'm all for it - when you get into neural pathways problems, it's best not to set a timeframe, and just go with the flow.
-
And now.....what can you expect from the blog this year????

  • More frequent postings


  • Different subjects


  • Less gaps in the blog where nothing is written for months at a time


  • New pictures


  • More Video's


  • I'll answer reader mail (provided I get any)


  • And that's just the start!
-
So there ya go.....but wait! We had an invasion of ducks since the fall. They float around the pond, and depend on us to feed them. They have a great internal clock for lunchtime and it's funny how 2 ducks waddle towards the water and swim across to be fed by the company on that side, while two stay here. There are some other kind of ducks (dark brown), maybe twenty of 'em or so that don't even come near a human. They seemed to have split into two groups. One stays on this side,while the other has moved to the other side of the pond. The funny part is that they just stand at the edge, wing-to-wing like a military lineup and stare at each other. No quacks, no sounds, just the staring. The picture I've added is of one of the human friendly ducks.

So ends my first posting of the year (I think). Expect more, and enjoy life!!

-

Woody

-

-

No comments:

Post a Comment