Friday, June 12, 2009




"A BLURRY LIFE......"




Sometimes our lives are clear and concise, other times they seem out-of-focus, or, "Blurry". I became blurry.

Looking back, it was easy to see the signs of a wrong choice, but I had come to grips with the idea that I would never get out of that situation. As much as I hated living in Sealy, it was clear "we" would not leave - it would have to be me. Even as I complained about the 100mile round trips each day to work, they fell on deaf ears.



When you're stuck inside, things aren't so clear, but to those on the outside, it was crystal clear that I had to get out in order to preserve my sanity. From 2001 - 2007 my "life" degraded quite a bit. While married, my only life was "Radios", and my health took a dive for the worse. Quite simply, my body was cannibalizing itself and I could only hope to live long enough to work the next Sunspot cycle (and maybe the one after). I'd been in the IT field since 1983 and it was wearing on me too. So many problems were fixable with my eyes closed that it became really boring, yet when I fixed a radio by reading the schematics and using good trouble-shooting skills I couldn't be happier. Yes, RADIO was and had been my life. But, something was missing.....


What was missing was a true companion who was also a great love, that had a good head on her shoulders, and no emotional problems. I did have a very good friend, and I always wondered, "Why did I jump the gun on marriage without hanging in there long enough to figure out if they would be a great friend as well". Chalk those mistakes up to my stupidity. Fortunately for me things escalated to the point where I was thinking of "Disappearing" and starting a new life. A drastic measure to be sure, and one that would leave my radio collection behind, but one that would bring me back from the dead.


As you know, I've been in an on-going divorce since 2007, and except for someones obsession, it would have been over long ago. Thankfully, I have Robin.Not only is she my greatest love, but also my best friend. She understands about guys and their radios, and has a keen sense of humor mixed with a wonderful creativity that just blows me away!! Several of my videos were scripted by her, and we plan more to come, perhaps even a "CB DOCUMENTARY".


You're probably wondering why I'm blogging this, but I wanted you to understand where I'm at today, how I got there, and the reason I'll continue on with radios, love, and life....

'Nuff Said,

Woody