Wednesday, August 26, 2009




"ANYTIME A FAD COMES ALONG....."


Anytime a fad comes along it somehow ends up being compared to the CB phenomenon of the mid-to-late '70's. Today's example: "TWITTER". Yes, I was wondering when it would come up, and it did - this week. I'm a regular reader/fan of John Dvorak (PC Magazine, and my favorite deceased channel "ZD-TV"). Mr Dvorak has the ability to see things as they really are, with at least an 80% success ratio. If he were to run for President - I'd vote for him, and it would be great to see him leading a terrible tech related company (Microsoft comes to mind) out of the darkness and into the light!

His column this week compares "Twitter" to "CB" and I think it's worth a read. John writes:

"The death of CB radio kind of showed up in an odd way. It just died with a collective "oh well" coming from the chorus. It was weird. Some blamed it on the "improvement" to the system with the advent of the single-side-band (SSB) technology that made the whole system more functional. This sort of thing could happen to Twitter too."

I picked that statement to paste into my post, and if you click on it, you'll be brought to the article itself. I know I've written about him before, and I'm sure that I'll write about him again, but I had to bring up this column because it mentioned CB Radio.
-
-
[Oh...you'll find my comment on that page as well under the name RNRAMPAGE]
-

No comments:

Post a Comment