Thursday, August 20, 2009




SINGING THOSE TRUCKER BLUES








Yeah, sometimes I bring up I-Tunes and play some C.W. McCall and think that if it wasn't for them (truckers) It would be a lot harder to get that new rig! So...I dusted off the part of my brain that comes up with some tunes of my own and whipped this one up on the fly....

"Truckers Lament No.2"
[copyright 2009 B.Woodbury]

Well I’m driving down a windy road, ‘round near shaky town
My guts are telling me to stop, but hell I slam it down
My RK56 is held against my mouth, as I break on in
The other Drivers I pass by say “Woodchuck” pull her in.

I don’t have fancy radios, like you see today
I depend on my old faithful rig, bought 30 years this day
It’s a Cobra 29, twenty-three channel rig
And it will out talk any of the current line of pigs

It doesn’t have an echo, it doesn’t have talkback
It doesn’t have all 40, but I don’t need all that
My dual Avanti’s pick up fine, just like yesterday
And I don’t need to fix something - that ain’t broke anyways

I see another big truck, coming fast and from behind
It’s my buddy Destry, and we’re two-of-a-kind
He keys his mike, I hear him talk, with music in the back
He’s listening to our favorite dude, goes by the name “Frank Black”

We keep our petals to the metal, making real fine time
And I know that we’ll make it back, for a Corona with some lime
I’m a simple man, my needs aren’t fancy
I just have a job to do –
So damn those Chicken coops, and Bear's
I’ll do it ‘til I'm through





73
-
-

No comments:

Post a Comment