Monday, July 05, 2010


TNX, MR. SUNSPOT
-
I had a long road trip to make last week and I knew I'd have two choices of entertainment: My IPOD (which I couldn't find) and my rigs. The IPOD would have lost out in any case because: 10 meters was open, I had plenty of time, and my QRP rig was eager for some use.
In many cases, I didn't have to tune around to look for someone - I would just finish my contact, then sit there for a few minutes before someone else came along to call.
-
Everything was stateside, and my goal was to make a QSO with a station that I heard (for the longest time) in Canada, but even after 30 minutes of driving and calling, it was not meant to be. I did get close, with a quickly fading conversation with Nebraska, and then everything else was just a little bit lower. At one point I even heard Brownsville and Amarillo Texas while trying to work the Canadian station. So... "TNX" to: Nebraska, Naperville Illinois, Iowa, Cleveland Ohio, Kentucky, and a couple other stations for making the drive quite enjoyable!
-
73,
-

No comments:

Post a Comment