Tuesday, September 17, 2013

WAYNE GREEN, SK



WAYNE GREEN, FORMER PUBLISHER OF "73" MAGAZINE, SK









Man, it's been a long - REALLY long time since I've thought about Wayne Green. Back in the day there were 3 HAM magazines (that I knew about) to choose from:
  1. QST
  2. CQ, and
  3. 73



CQ didn't (and still doesn't) interest me, but then I'm not into contesting; QST had a lot of advertisement support, plus by joining ARRL you received the magazine, and then there was 73 and Wayne Green. I bought 73 now and then just so I read his lengthy editorials which were often written with his talent for egging on a company, country, or another magazine. He was to HAM radio what John Dvorak has been to PC Magazine - sharp wit, with a sense of the future that often hit close to home.

It's sad that I hadn't thought of him in years, making it even sadder now that he is a silent key. RIP Wayne.


'Nuff Said,
Woody