Saturday, March 27, 2010



MARCH 24th...


March 24th was like any other Wednesday, yet unlike other weekdays. Robin surprised me with a planned getaway to Bed & Breakfast hideout in the area of Cat Spring, Texas. As you'll see from the photos, it wasn't without it's amenities, however I did suffer brief withdrawal from lack of Internet or Television.
-
We were fortunate that a Pacific cold front was passing through which made for a nice rainy night, and a cloudless, cool day to follow.
-














I didn't come completely without electronic devices though, and it only took a few minutes for me to hook-up my Yaesu FT-817 to a mag mount to see if any DX was happening on 10 meters. The answer was "YES". The band was open just about everywhere I tuned, and many loud stations were heard coming from Australia, the South Pacific, and South America. A jump down to 11 meters confirmed that it too was hopping with signals, and finally I went to 20 meters to find LOUD stations booming in (sometimes 3/4 scale). I really (r-e-a-l-l-y) regretted not bringing my 20 meter stick, as it would have been a cinch to make my first General Class contact!


-










73, Woody
-

No comments:

Post a Comment