Sunday, August 14, 2011


I'M CONFUSED....
-
And perhaps you are too?
-
"WITH THE TOUGH TIMES WE FACE; RIOTS, UNEMPLOYMENT, CUTS IN BENEFITS, ETC. WHY IS EVERYONE LAUGHING So MUCH?"

Well, that how is it seems to me. I read the very grim headlines, many new, that seem to engulf the news each day, then look on various blogs and social networking sites to find everyone LOLing (LOL= Laughing Out Loud), and LMAOing (LMAO= Laughing My Ass Off = Laughing Their Ass Off??). Many conversations appear to end with either (or worse) both. Typical conversations seem to go like this:

X - Say "Y", how is work going today LOL?
Y - It's the usual grind LOL, but ya got to make some money, ya know? LMAO
X- LMAO, yeah, lol, I hear ya bro lol.
Z- LOL, you two have me LMAO!!!!
X- Ha-Ha, LOL
Y- He-He LOL
Z-LOL, I can't hardly breath, I'm LMAO, LOL.

Granted, these conversations could just be from young children, senile adults, or people with limited working keys on their keyboard (answer: not likely), but I've noticed this trend growing year after year and wonder: "Is this the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse?"

Naturally, I'd like to hedge my bets and not upset any potential Zombies out in the cyberworld, but to borrow some of their lingo, a casual observer would have to say these people have LONH (Lights On, Nobody Home) syndrome (a possible first step to becoming a Zombie).
-
"LMAO",
Woody


[Brian Woodbury is former editor/publisher of "WoodyWorlds CB Gazette" and "The CB Gazette", guest commentator/writer for several publications, sole writer for the CBDAZE Blog and the CBGAZETTE.COM website, author of "The History of CB Radio", Computer Virus Ninja, Cat Sitter, and now...a bit confused]

No comments:

Post a Comment