Monday, May 11, 2020

YOUTUBE VIEWING - ANDERSON POWERPOLES - RIGRUNNER 4012




THINGS I RECENTLY STUMBLED UPON AT YOUTUBE - FUNNY AND INSTRUCTIONAL









SNAP-CRACKLE-POP-SMOKE GOES HIS AMP










"I JUST GOT DOWN"  (he's no longer living, but the videos live on)








MOVING UP TO HAM RADIO








THIS IS HAM RADIO






FROM THE STUCK-AT-HOME CORNER.....

Like everyone else, and being at home every day, it didn't take long for me to realize how crappy my shack looked due to wires being run-hung-dropped-laying EVERYWHERE, so I did something I normally don't do - I grabbed my DX Engineering catalog and looked for a way to clean it up.

For some reason I've always shied away from Anderson Powerpoles because (to be honest) they seemed intimidating to me. Other concerns (i.e. - financial) had also played a part in my reticence because I didn't have a decent crimper. By gazing at the price of connectors + a Powerpole crimper I'd always channeled my money into other things, like radios, microphones, antennas, and yes - more power cords.

I had some extra cash left over from a recent sale of a radio so this time I took what I needed, jumped online to DX Engineering's website and ordered a Powerpole crimper, some connectors, and Rigrunner 4012 DC power outlet panel.



Just to be sure I didn't screw up the incoming connectors I found a great step-by-step video on YouTube that showed me it was as easy as everyone had told me over the years (that video is just beneath this article).

In minutes I was be-bopping all over the shack, crimping everything I could think of (much like someone who gets their first label maker and suddenly labeled items are everywhere). The power leads within the shack are now organized, crimped, and easily plugged/unplugged into the Rigrunner, which is wired directly to my big power supply. For the first time, the light's on my two watt/swr meters actually work.

I can kick myself for not do this sooner, but I'm glad I finally took the plunge! 

(next project: big antenna switch and same-length coax jumpers). The video below should really set your mind at ease regarding doubts about difficulty...

 

HOW TO CRIMP THOSE POWER-POLE CONNECTORS (RECOMMENDED VIEWING)







HERE ARE A COUPLE MORE CLASSIC CATALOG PAGES:





















73

WOODY




















No comments:

Post a Comment