Saturday, July 20, 2013

THINGS THAT WILL KILL HAM RADIO






IT COULD TAKE LESS
    IT COULD TAKE MORE...












What do you think could kill Ham Radio? I suppose there's a shortlist like:
  1. The Government
  2. Not enough new Hams to compensate for SK's
  3. A force of nature that makes anything but UHF transmissions possible
  4. A force of man that makes anything electronic possible
  5. Hams themselves
While listed as number 5, it should really be number one - with a bullet. I don't know how many time I've heard a new ham announce himself on repeater, be recognized, and bursting with pride announce he just became a Ham, and then the conversation continues, leaving the new Ham out - more or less leaving him/her on the sidelines (although I must admit certain repeater frequencies are more social than others. That said, I can only think of one in the Houston area)

"Why should I press on and get a higher license" the new Ham asks them self.

A quick view of HF:
  1. There are the medical, daily aches and pains frequencies
  2. There are contest hounds
  3. There are "This is our frequency" groups
Any other ideas you can think of?

'Nuff Said,
Woody
EMAIL