Thursday, December 28, 2023

MERRY BELATED CHRISTMAS AND IT'S COUGH-DROP TIME

 

 

 

 MERRY CHRISTMAS!

(cough-cough)




Well, this was a Christmas to beat all - My in-laws came over on Christmas Eve for the very first time. I think it was a combination of Tamales, and seeing our new home that got 'em over here (TBH it was because our former residence of 13 years was too small to have more than a couple visitors). By the end of the night, Détente had been achieved and we agreed to swap locations on an every-other-year basis. 

I do think her dad liked the picture on the wall, that I took of her back in 2014 (It was one of those funny now stories, that I can almost laugh at now. We were driving to the annual Texas Frightmare Weekend event in Dallas when the transmission began going out rather quickly. It was only 40 miles left, and we did make it, although the transmission was pronounced D.O.A. after being towed to a shop). There's more to this story, but I'm trying to keep my Christmas message light in spirit.

PRETTY MUCH WHAT THEY SAW IN THE SHACK: RADIOS AND PHOTOS

You can barely make it out, but the Alinco DX-10 I'm reviewing is on top of the center heap, just below Robin's elbow, with a blue frequency readout. I haven't powered it OFF since the review began because when you're doing a review, and have a limited time for the initial testing, it helps to keep it on 24/7 simulating longer use of the radio.

Back to Christmas... I hope y'all had a good one! My side of the family came over Christmas afternoon and we were pretty tuckered out by the end of the night. I can definitely tell you that my granddaughter has some oomph when she does a "high five", but it's hard to turn down those "Give me a high five Grandpa" 'cause she's so darn cute.

 

                                The "High Fiver"

 

 

Tired as I/we were, I popped the memory card out of my steadfast companion: Fuji's X-T1, and copied all the photos onto the computer to edit the next morning.

But Mother Nature had different plans for us that day (and continues to do so) where I woke up with a high fever and chills, and Robin with a raging sore throat (worse today) and a clogged head. So my plans of editing everything and posting a "Merry Christmas" message on here and Facebook wasn't going to happen, much less much of anything else, because except for a wailing cat announcing it was time to feed her, we were asleep.

I'm better enough to edit the Christmas photos while in bed, using my laptop, then connecting to the main computer in the radio room and remotely writing this Blog post.

I've heard that the President George has hit our shores, and it was easy to find out by going to the ten or more radios channels I subscribe to, and almost all of them had their President George video already posted. I'll point out once again, that the President models that end with FCC are strictly 40ch radios that cannot be modified, thus making the tiny frequency display a waste of space.

So until next year - 

73

Woody



 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment