Saturday, January 28, 2006

SATURDAY JAN 28th
-
-
Well the DX is rolling along the Gulf Coast of Texas..."Jim Dandy" in Ohio was really plowing the field!! I think my buying spree has ended for awhile because I'm sitting with piles of radios around me waiting to be tested, cleaned up, have photo's taken, etc.
-
Lot's of 706's still forsale, thanks to the 7000 - and surprisingly, several 7000's forsale as well (Are there issues with this one?). Personally, I was happy to get a 706 for the car so I can run 2m ssb mobile again, and a nice Icom 703 complete with battery, backpack, etc. to use at work during lunchtime and maybe brush up on my CW.
-
711 in Cleveland is coming in pretty good now, but just got walked all over by Jim Dandy (whose frequency has shifted a bit).
-
HT's get smaller and smaller each year (it seems). I've been using a VX-5r and it's okay, but kinda small. So happy to get another FT-530. Before it gets warm (not that it's been real cold this winter), I have several antenna projects to complete (tower, 2m/400 beam, etc.)...hey, speaking of Beam Antenna's....I'm looking for the bottom Halo of an Avanti "Astro beam".
-
Okay, 'nuff typing for now....
Woody

No comments:

Post a Comment