Tuesday, March 07, 2006


ALL THINGS
-
GREAT
-
AND
-
SMALL
-
Check out this cover from an EBay auction - A Zepplin on the cover of a 1919 QST. Pretty cool, but too pricey for me!
-
Took a few days off from Blogging to tend to some other things, and concentrate on keeping my foot elevated and comfortable (which only seems to happen on the sofa, while watching a movie). Latest on my toe (5 weeks into being shattered): Went to foot surgeon, Friday the 3rd, to get an opinion from someone who works only on feet, and it'll be at least another 8 weeks before I've got a shoe on my right foot. Kinda cuts down on hamfests I'd like to attend, but those are the breaks! (pun intended). During this period I've discovered how crappy generic drugs really are and so now I have to specify "name brand" to get anything that works on toe pain.
-
Caught this one off Boing-Boing, and I've sure you've already heard about it, however if not, and in a nutshell, you have a nice picture, well written auction, and words that say:"READ ALL OF THIS AUCTION". Unfortunetely this poor person didn't and ended up buying a "list" of wholesalers for $51..
-
Speaking about "Reading all of the auction details", let's not forget shipping (ed. - yep, I left out one). I was looking at this auction (briefly) which was a pair of walkie-talkies for .99 starting bid, and glanced down to note the shipping was $29.95!!
-
-
The Headline looks good at first but, but when you get into the meat of the story, it sounds like more communicatin disruptions than anything else. I'll let you be the judge - read it and weep....
-
'Nuff Said,
-

No comments:

Post a Comment