Sunday, March 26, 2006


CAN YOU HEAR ME
-
NOW?
-
I thought I'd seen almost everything, but when I saw this link on Boing-Boing, I laughed my ass off. Coming to you from the UK, and auction on EBay for a pair of genuine 1950's "Megaphone Helmets". Now, if I had THESE back when I was a kid....(dream sequence)...I can see it now - My brother and I, helmets strapped to our youthful chins, standing six feet apart and taking turns shouting "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?", then with quick nods (not too much or the helmets would slide over our eyes) we'd back away to maybe twenty feet, "HOW ABOUT NOW, CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?", oh man, the fun we'd have with those, and of course I HAVE to be carrying my Kodak 126 instamatic film camera to capture to look of fear, and perhaps mirth, on each neighbors face as we slowly drew apart from each other and passed by their homes!! (ed. - now THOSE would be the perfect b'day present..heh-heh...Oops...Just saw the price, and I'm not laughing so much now).
-

BIRTHDAY
SALUTE
-
Yes, the CB Gazette sez "Happy Birthday" to one of our faithful and fervent readers, Dave H. whose birthday fell on Saturday the 25th, and I think what Mr. Spock is trying to say, from one old tuber to another - "Live Long and Phosphor"
-
_______________________
-
"WHO KNEW??"
(attack on model rocketry"
-
Apparently the Goverment has been trying to regulate model rockets, including having the engines considered "explosive devices"! After an Appeals Court ruling:
-
Senator Mike Enzi, R-WY, issued a press release noting the Appeals Court ruling, and saying: "People who build and launch model rockets for fun should not have to give up their hobby due to an unnecessary set of obstacles and an unjustified claim which classifies rocket propellant as an explosive. "
-
See more about this on the NAR site.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment