Friday, September 01, 2006

"WHAT A JUGHEAD"
-


Yep, I bought this one on EBAY, from years ago (and I actually think I remember when it came out). You had to love Archie - an average guy, kind of a goofball, yet he manages to snag a "Barbie" girlfriend (oh yeah, really emulates life eh?).

-

But I'm going to enjoy this one when it arrives and I'll add some scans to see if it jogs your memory as well (ed. - "Barbie-like" woman not included, and personally, I think Jughead was the coolest because he always wore a hat).

-

"FROM THE MAIL BAG"

-

Hi Woody.I have read all your pages and enjoyed the information, stories, and photos very much. Brings back a lot of memories if the 60's and my Lafayette HE-15B radio I owned back in my high school days. Reason I am writing is that here in my town, we have a fellow that has appointed himself master controller of channel 20.He calls himself THE CB'er FROM HELL. He likes to disrupt QSO's and argue on the air. He will rant for long periods just to keep others from talking.He will interfere with what little truck traffic we have here and sometimes can be very vulger. (in all fairness ... so can the truckers)Lately he has found a new way to annoy people with the radio. He has a reverb echo unit and will blast the channel with high power and wierd echo noise nonstop for as much as five or six minutes at a time. This will go on until he drives everyone off the channel. I keep hoping his radio will blow up ... He is a HAM (K*****) and that is how he gets the high power equipment I guess. What can be done about it?

Well, first things first - Because he IS a HAM operator, make sure you record as many of his rantings as possible. Also, note the date/time/channel of each recording. Once that is done, contact the FCC and report him. You have his call letters, you'll have his voice, and let them take him to task. There is nothing worse than a "Bad" Ham Op IMHO.

Regards, Woody

-

________________________________

-

COOL Site. I have been searching in vain to find the Lafayette sales ad's to match my radio's. I like to frame the ad's and hang them in the shack. I am looking for the ad's for HA-700, HA-800B and the HA-600. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Kevin

-

Hi Kevin - Thanks for stopping by the website! I'll see what I can do regarding those rigs.

Regards, Woody

-

__________________________________

-

Hi from the UK Woody.. absolutley great viewing Woody,i particularly liked the Rig Doc bit. very funny,i hope you can make sme more, me and my mate reallyenjoyed them, and it was fascinating. please more,,,73's from Mark G0YNM North west coast of England.

Thanks !

-

Howdy Mark!! Always happy to hear from the UK.....I'm glad you enjoy the videos, and yes - more are being planned! (We're just waiting for it to get a bit cooler). So stay tuned: Same Woody Channel, Same Woody humor

Regards, Woody

-

No comments:

Post a Comment