Saturday, December 29, 2007


REVIEW: BELKIN WIRELESS ROUTER
-
One of the things about moving somewhere else is that you have to deal with gettings your IT stuff going again.
-
I was already in the hole, having to deal with Comcast, which sucks (IMHO), and I've had several battles with WAP's and Wireless Routers to put it off towards the end of things to do.......
-
So I went to Frys and walked down the aisle of doom an each box seemed to tell me the same as the other, but still it was better so I should pay $50 more than the one next to it. One walk-thru and I found the cheapest one and bought it. Rushing home I pulled items out of the package, and hooked up my base station (Hmmmm...."Base Station", sounds familiar), then setup security (that's right Steven, I setup security) and went into the other room and picked up another wireless device - It worked!!!
-
This took less than 15min tops (closer to 1o) and I was really impressed. Later I went back and ready mostly middle-of-the-road reviews and some pretty crummy ones too, but for me, this Belkin wireless router, for under $30 did everything it said it would and more! If I run into any issues, I'll keep you updated as well, and with nothing less to say.....
-
'Nuff Said
Woody
-

2 comments:

  1. 10 minutes is kind of a long setup time! But anyways, hope yours lasts longer than a year. Those cheaper WAPs are delicate wildflowers. You get about the same range and features as you would with say an $100 Linksys or an Apple AirPort, but the difference is the more expensive ones don't overheat so easily or choke on spiky currents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How True Mr. B. - it died last week. Wby

    ReplyDelete