Saturday, February 28, 2009

"DEAR READERS, FORGIVE ME..FOR IT'S BEEN 8 DAY SINCE MY LAST POST"
-

Yes, hard to believe how fast time has gone by, but I've been busy trying to beat the clock on every doctor appt I could get, which led to new medications I would need, etc. It wouldn't be so bad if they were in a 2 block area and when your appt. is at 3, they see you at three, but the extended waiting, maneuvering in traffic, and avoiding the people coughing and sneezing just feet away in the waiting room was enough to drive me crazy!
-
I think I've managed to apply for unemployment insurance, and will find out March 6th when I go back to the website. While it would help, it's limited help. Back to the doc's - I found out that I had scoliosis, and the beginning of osteoporosis (it's on the back). My blood work came out looking good, except I have less than desirable cholesterol again. About 7 years ago I had really bad cholesterol, couldn't find a medicine that I could handle (no matter what I took, my joints, especially the elbows) hurt so bad it was hard to keep working. Eventually I gave up trying meds. Two years later, blood tests revealed excellent results, and yet I hadn't changed a thing; so I'm going to take the same approach as before (do nothing).
-
Finally, late yesterday after a lengthy appointment the eye doc said "You have the early stages of glaucoma". So ended my appointments (I missed two) and by 6pm when we left the eye doc, I was beat (and blinded by those drops they put in your eyes). Two weeks of pushing the mule (me) to the doctors, or just trying to get from one to another was enough to bring a smile to face- It was Saturday, it was over. I'm sure more than one person may have thought I was job hunting or just relaxing and trying to take it all in, but no - not yet, today starts the reflecting and plans for the future. I'm leaning towards a different path, which may require school, but I'm pretty sure I can find some jobs that will fit the class schedules.
-
Naturally, at 9a.m. on Saturday morning, I'm listening to "Click and Clack" the guys on "Car talk". It's funny, and they're pretty good on fixing a car over the phone. I'll bet some of you have caught them more than half a dozen times a year; if not, find NPR on Saturday mornings or (I'm checking their website right now) it looks like you can listen to it via the web here:http://www.cartalk.com/ct/review/index.jsp try it, ya might like it. Hmm, their show is available on I-POD's too, good, I can catch up on some that I missed.
-
I was driving into the apartment complex when I saw a Truck that said "Moving Truck", and after watching it for 20 minutes I realized - it wasn't. Besides Car Talk Saturday, it's time to look at my meager bank balance, then go watch "The Replacement killers" or "Shoot'em Up" to get that out of my system, and maybe take some pictures or something else relaxing, 'cause Monday it's stop at the community college, see if I like something, then start applying for jobs in the immediate area.
-
The last email I read (awhile back) was curious what the soon-to-be-ex looked like, so I went through a bunch of photo's and could only dig up this one. I guess I lost the creative urge to take pictures after I got married, or maybe the CB GAZETTE sapped it outta me, but this is the only one found - but there ya go! Anyone who has sent an email to me within that last few weeks, if I have got back to ya, it's just 'cause I haven't be around much to read email's. Don't worry, I did scan briefly each day and mark the radio related one.
-
AND THAT'S ALL FOLKS!! FOR THIS EXCITING CATCH-UP
UNTIL THE NEXT ONE
-
73/'Nuff Said
-
-

No comments:

Post a Comment