Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"DAY FIVE....."

=


Well fearless fans, the day of the Divorce came yesterday. And no, there was no divorce. Because of my untimely release from work, the opposition seemed to suspect I quit my job to avoid child, oops! I mean alimony.
-
I found that kinda amusing as I've been paying alimony all along since 2007, so why would I give up a well paying job, with excellent benefits to avoid it? My body is not producing a variety of things necessary for an normal life, heck just one prescription alone is almost $600 so I don't see the logic in my terminating my employment myself. Here we go back to a bunch of "lawyers in buses plunging over cliff" jokes, but you've heard 'em all at one time or the other. I felt a tremor in the force and glanced back to find my 1st ex-wife sitting there, somewhat "Stocky"(courtrooms should charge someone like that for 2 seats, much like some airlines do, and I guess someone drove her up from Houston, because as far I know, at age 52, she still doens't own a driving license (any doctors in the house?).
-
But because the other lawyer almost teared up over the fact I'm unemployed and how it will effect future alimony, I have to give him credit for a good acting job (not quite an oscar, but I suppose actors and lawyers aren't all that different). I did find out some interesting details which of course I'm not allowed to discuss, much like Michele, her mom, and Robin's soon-to-be ex, but I suspect they have their little network regardless of the what the Judge says (did I ever mention that her lawyer is Robins husbands lawyers as well??). So as it stands, I'm looking on ways to pay next months rent, while she sits in a house that I paid off with money I made while she slept until noon or so.


It is slightly puzzling that at the end of this kinda-trial, Michele's Lawyer was telling her what to pack where, etc. while he talked to the judge, almost like an employee or lap dog. I can't recall my attorney asking the same of me.
-

By the time we got back into Houston it was around 2 and so we made a trip to my doc's for whatever free samples he had on hand for stuff like acid-flux. Neither Robin or I were in the best of moods until rush hour traffic time, and as a picture in an art gallery can mean one thing to one person and something entirely different to another no one should jump to any conclusions as to what the picture means, if anything at all, except; that it's a picture - ART
=

As for finding a new job.....I'm taking as long a break I can before returning to the work force (unless some great job drops in my lap), but I haven't had a real (R-E-A-L) vacation since 1997 when I was first hired there, so I this is my chance for some time off, not having to worry about what is happening at work without me (it was just me) and unwind (provided I can pay my rent, electricity, and cable). I'm sure there are many of you have had similar lack of vacations, so you'll agree some time-off and mental cleansing is long due. However, unlike the one-day-to-be ex, I will seek employment.
-
So now, I am I told "To wait" (easy for someone making money to say), but in the meantime, there are a lot of things and places Robin (who looked FANTASTIC yesterday) and I have wanted to go to or visit around town and what better time to spend waiting, eh?
-


Until my next crappy posting -


73



-


-


1 comment:

  1. Hey Woody, your blog is totally COOL! And your knowledge of radio really turns me on. Don't get me wrong, I'm no ham-groupie, but I'd love to check out your equipment sometime. Drop a line if you wanna test the airwaves...

    ReplyDelete