Wednesday, October 19, 2005

"RARE" - CONTINUED.....
_
I did a quick search on "RARE" descriptions and here's Woody's TOP 10:
10. Midland 13-882 [Dime a dozen]
9. Cherokee AH-100 [PALeeeeeeze]
8. Uniden Madison [told ya]
7. Astatic Golden Eagle [I see several per month]
6. Lafayette HB-444 [close but no cigar]
5. Galaxy DX-2527 [Hmmmm]
4. Midland 77-1165 [bonus points for having "RARE" AND
"WOW" in same description]
3. Lafayette HB-600 [I see at least 1 a month, maybe
it's the same one?]
2. Teaberry T-Charlie one [Ditto]
And finally (drum roll)
1. Cobra 146gtl
_
'Nuff Said,

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I agree - There's good stuff to be found on EBay, you just have to be careful....which I wasn't recently on a Cherokee 1000 purchase.

    As far as the Grant LT goes, it's been working flawlessly since I put it in the car, and the backlight really helps at night. It's a shame that Cobra took the low road many years ago, just to save a few bux and usually I prefer the older stuff because they are built like tanks. However, I bit the bullet and ordered (I know, I'm crazy)a new Cobra 200 DX for a review.

    l8r,
    Woody

    ReplyDelete
  2. re: Johnson. Is it the 4730 or 4740? I think the 4730 was closest to the 352 and the only method I read about to open the clarifier was to strap a connection across the tx/rx relay. I don't remember that part too clearly just the very last sentence "If you dare too".
    re: Cherokee - channel selector had been broken and whoever "repaired" it, merely tilted the rig face down and globbed a bunch of solder on the three lans until some of it touched the connection on the front board. I can see some definite design flaws and perhaps poor judgement in component placement. It's sitting on the bench at work while I decide what I want to do with it (possibly run a cable out the side to a small pad for channel UP/DOWN).

    ReplyDelete