Saturday, May 08, 2010



FT-100/100D FINALS


=
I mentioned an abundance of information for various radios via YAHOO GROUPS, and if you own a Yaesu FT-100/d and want a spare pair of finals (Motorola discontinued them some time ago) then look for the fellow that occasionally has them for sale. He (or someone) goes overseas and buys them in lots of ten and sells them to those who have signed up to buy a pair. I believe these finals are the same as the ones used in the first two ICOM IC-706 models as well. In keeping with our throwaway society I suppose this fits right into that scheme, but I can't help thinking about how easy it is to find parts for rigs made decades before the FT-100 was even thought of (including the tube finals). You never know when the fickle finger of fate will lay itself on your radio, and that can make you a bit nervous - myself included, so I think it's time to tempt fate no more, sell my FT-100, and let someone else lose a little sleep.
-
-
ANSWER TO PREVIOUS QUESTION POLL, "WHO WAS GENERALLY KNOWN AS THE FATHER OF OSCAR?" A: Don Stoner

No comments:

Post a Comment