- Eric Braun's homage to the Turner microphone company
- Scott's "Ultimate Antenna Site"
- NJ7P's "Tube Database"
- NW2M's "FT-101 Resource Site"
- My "How-I-Got-Started-In-Radio" page (ed.- which could use some new stories, so don't be shy - write 'em up and I'll get it posted)
- G.E. "Superbase" - flashy looking, bright lights, crappy adj. channel rejection.
- Midland 13-880b - A common theme amongst many Midlands is that whatever frequency you're on, you can hear all 40 channels.
- Midland 79-290 - Ditto
- Cobra 148F-GTL - Who'd have thought they could have designed a solid-state Siltronix drift-0-matic?
- Midland 13-778 - I owned 3. None of 'em worked. Good idea, but something went wrong in the design.
- Cherokee CBS-1000/Eagle Tomahawk/Cobra 2010 - 'Nuff Said
- RCI-2950 - Turn knob to go UP and it goes down. Turn knob to go DOWN, and it still goes down...and talk about front-end overload!!
- Kenwood TS-140 - Those stupid slide controls.
- SBE Console V - Flaky
- Alinco DX-70 - The only rig I've ever owned where the NB actually increases the noise level.
"WHEN FANS DON'T BLOW NO MORE"
If you've done the fan mod on an FT-100, or even if you haven't (the rig is getting on in years), you're probably wondering what to do when they fail (ed. - because when they fail, that little rig will be headed for a meltdown). Here is a source for as-good-or-better replacement fans: Mouser Electronics, P/N - 433-SP401012H. I'll bet you're cringing at the thought of how much $$$ you'll have to fork over, but dry that sweat from your brow, they are only $3.95 each.
JOKE OF THE DAY
INTERESTING SITE OF THE DAY
I ran across this site while surfing the Web and thought it was worth mentioning - Hell....I'm thinking of having one done for the blog! Anyways, check-it-out....
JULY 4th WEEKEND
While I'll be around making a post or two, I know many of you are going somewhere for the holiday weekend and (sniff-sniff) won't be able to check into my Blog until you get back. So for those who are braving the traffic and gas prices, we wish you a happy and safe fourth of July (just don't forget to come back to Woody's blog when you do). Those who remain steadfast, do not fear - another posting is sure to be near.......