Monday, August 31, 2009

AND THEN, ANOTHER LOOK AT MY PREVIOUS POST...
-
I've been thinking about the stupid sellers out there on Ebay, and of course, the ones that weren't stupid, rather "Crazy, like a fox...", and wonder which ones are truly crazy, and which ones are the "foxes".
-
Someone asked me about "Craigslist" and how it compared to Ebay. My first gut reaction was to say that Ebay was safer and to judge by the feedback, but then those thoughts of buyers who in some way got burned by the Seller, left disgruntled feedback, and then changed the disgruntlement as if they were "Bought Off", or paid for their silence. I know, it sounds like a plot for "Law & Order", but the question was left unanswered as to whom-to-trust.
-
I used to like going to HAM Swapmeets and looking for goodies to purchase, but like Ebay, or any other sort of buy-sell-make-offer situation, I've had HAM radio operators lie to me while looking me straight in my eyes and with a smile on their face using the same lingo you see elsewhere, like: "It worked the last time I used it".
-
The odds are even then, amongst the various ways to purchase your used and/or vintage CB's. There will always be bad apples in the barrel so the best one can do is go forth lightly, as if walking on thin ice so you'll make it to the other side of the pond rather than break through the ice into the cold waters of a deal gone wrong.
=
-
P.S. HAPPY B'DAY "Bumface"
-

No comments:

Post a Comment