Tuesday, June 02, 2009





"CONTINUING ON......"

=


Hello, and thanks for the Explorer install tips Dave!! I know that if it were the typical used 1998 Explorer, I'd have no reservations in drilling holes here and there and ripping out consoles for the right radio mounts, but I got this from my brother and he kept it...well...almost "As New". Naturally there's a bunch of miles on it, but at the moment it doesn't get much action do to lack of employment. Nonetheless, I still want to get it S.O.W.ized for any road trip that may come up in the future!

-


This is one way an Explorer owner did it, but because the rack isn't really grounded, he used this mount which requires a "No Ground" antenna. If I were just starting out, I might consider it, but I have several used antennas which I scavenged off the old SOW to use.




-
I settled on this K400C mount from Diamond Antenna (I've used their products for many years). This one has the UHF mount which all of my antenna's are geared for. An example photo they use is on a Jeep (shown in the picture below-left) and I hope to use this on the back door of the Explorer, which according to another site I visited, should work just fine. So if one works, then a second will, but for now, I'll be happy with just one mount grounded properly. I have to budget antenna mount purchases with what items I can sell that I bought with my legal half of a 2008 bonus (if that makes any sense).
-

With clarification to a previous post: The ex is selling my stuff, and as I explained, she has no knowledge of the things she is selling. If I remember a certain piece as being bad, I'll point it out, but towards the end of this doomed marriage, I was getting things in faster than could ever be tested. As a rule, if it didn't have a power cord, it was never checked out. Many items were bought because I already owned an "Ugly" version that worked and just needed something that looked good to merge the two together.
-
This never happened, and while the CB GAZETTE name is in the ad, there is no real connection between what is sold and the good name I've established with the CB Gazette, and, CB Gazette Website. I'm NOT saying "Don't Buy", just if you do...go into it with your eyes open, as many years ago we split off the ebay sales where collectmenots was for her beads and other things while the radio stuff was sold under "TheStonerGuy" moniker on Ebay.
-
This past Sunday we (Robin and I) finally got to get with my Dad and Brother to celebrate "Bro's" 50th birthday. I was able to lure them into the shade for this quick photo:

I guess I should 'fess up that it's really not hard to lure someone into the shade in Houston....in fact, it's safe to say that most of us here dive for the cover of shade like vampires caught in the glare of the sun.
-
Well, keep those mobile install tips coming, and I'm always interested in seeing how someone else solved their space dilemma.
-
73
-