Thursday, June 11, 2009

"THE SKY IS FALLING......"






Not really, just prices. As each week goes by prices get lower and lower on quality used ham rigs. That TS-850SAT I mentioned in another post (w/two filters) finally sold for $630. I was tempted to sell a kidney, but figured it would fall under "Community Property", and nixed that idea....


If you're a HAM or own a HAM store and have deep pockets, now is the time to be picking up some of these jewels for yourself, or, to sell later at a decent profit. I'd be doing the same if I weren't unemployed. Many sellers are even offering free shipping on boat anchors (and you know that has to hurt).



"JAPAN"


There's a fellow in Japan that sells some really nice rigs, many of which have never seen the shores of the U.S.A. - Shipping is a bitch (for example, he has a Yaesu FT-707S QRP rig on EBay now that costs $107 to ship). From what I've seen, they are as close to "MINT" as possible, and




if you've read my many posts, you know that I like QRP. There is something about making a contact with very low power that gives me the shivers!!
Should you want to check out this auction, just click on the LINK to get there!






"STANDARD DISCLAIMER"



This is my standard disclaimer regarding the selling of my radio collection. While the ad reads CB GAZETTE, it has nothing to do with me, and the while the "WE are selling" implies I'm on board with it, I'm not. She has the legal right to sell my stuff, however I am not involved and any complaints should not be directed to me, or, damage my honest reputation in the selling of radios. I'm not upset by the legal selling, just the inference that I am involved. End of Disclaimer.


"MEANWHILE......"

Life is good and I'm really enjoying my life with Robin. She's wonderful, and we have had a great time doing this or that, or just hanging out watching a DVD.



The change is like the difference between night and day....


"CW DAVE"


I just met in the "FRY'S" parking lot this morning with "CW-DAVE", my Elmer and good friend. If not for him, I wouldn't be a HAM. He had a part I needed to try and repair a circuit board (I have plenty of time) and we caught up on things as we haven't seen each other for a while. There was good news and there was bad news. First, the BAD: He broke his leg and it wasn't in the best spot to break one (as if there is a good spot), but he's hanging in there...(ed.- just don't expect to see him climbing any towers for the time being). As for the GOOD news, he had HIS Top Ten HAM rigs (yep, there's more than one person reading this Blog).

Dave's TOP TEN ARE:
  1. ICOM 775DSP
  2. Kenwood TS-2000
  3. Ten Tec Jupiter
  4. Ten Tec Omni VI
  5. Kachina DSP505
  6. Kenwood TS-520
  7. ICOM 725
  8. Drake TR-4C
  9. Hallicrafters SR-400A Cyclone III
  10. Yaesu FT-767GX

As you can see, he has used some of the higher end rigs of their day, but it's nice to see the ICOM 725 and Kenwood TS-520 on his list.....in fact, I wouldn't be surprised to find at least one of those lurking somewhere in his HAM closet!! One of these days, I'll get him to put to paper a list of EVERY rig that he's ever owned (ed. - he'll have to take a weeks vacation to do it though, 'Nuff Said).






So, we come to another end of another Blog post!! Until next time.....

73
WOODY

No comments:

Post a Comment