Tuesday, October 27, 2009






UPDATES:

· NEW FRONT BRINGS NO DX
· IDENTITY
· STAR WARS ACROSS AMERICA


NO DX
Another front brought nice cool air into the region, pushing the warm humid crap out to sea. 10 meters seemed DOA, whereas usually we get some crossover (cold air over hot air) distance communications. Nonetheless, cool air and lower electricity bills are welcomed (as is the custom in my area, it warms up again tomorrow, with yet another cool front coming in the following day/night).

IDENTITY

Identity. What is yours? What is mine? Everyone knows who or what they really are, right? Maybe, and then again, maybe not. Perhaps identity is a fluid component of our lives. Using myself as an example:

One year ago I was an IT Administrator looking forward to the following February when my divorce would be final from my ex-procrastinating, hoarding, pack-rat wife with definite self-esteem issues, while looking forward to a wonderful future with - not only my best friend, but love, Robin. That was my identity -Then.

One year later I am an un-employed IT Administrator on un-employment, without health insurance, and uncertain of when I will be employed again. But I’m still looking forward to a wonderful future with not only my best friend, but love, Robin. I spend everyday in the apartment, and as each day passes, I seem to lose a little bit of myself (whoever that may be) while looking for a job. There is no safety net.


I’ve been watching spam/junk mail lately (it has it’s ups and downs) and being the “Master of My Domain”, I realize that all I have to do is change my email address to change my identity to those spammers or other unwanted emails, It’s so easy, and at times – so desirable, because if you start to forget who you are, then why stay the course?? I wonder how that can apply to real people and real identities…

STARS WARS ACROSS AMERICA

This past weekend, Robin and I went to a Star Wars concert which had a live orchestra and a huge video screen. Along with the actor who played C3PO to narrate, the entire Star Wars movie series was clipped together in a nice 2 hour adventure. Besides a zillion kids, there were many props from the movies themselves in the lobby to take pictures of. My Brother Glenn generously provided the tickets, and as you can see by the photos and video posted, it was fun for all….

OPENING VIDEO

GREAT SHOT ROBIN!!


NOTHING LIKE A GOOD STORY


73 - WOODY

-

No comments:

Post a Comment